Below find a detailed list of requirements to travel to NICARAGUA.
- A valid passport, with the necessary extensions and more than 6 months of validity ahead before boarding the flight.
- Round trip ticket to Nicaragua.
- A pre-reservation of hotel, or failing to provide a name, address and telephone number of the Nicaraguan who will host you in your residence.
- COVID-19 vaccination card or present a negative PCR of a maximum of 72 hours before taking the flight. It is carried out in the corresponding health area.
- Underage passengers must travel with an adult. The latter must have a notarized travel authorization issued by the parents, guardians or dependents of the minor.
*You can stay as a tourist in Nicaragua for a maximum of 90 days, which can be extended for another 90 days, at any immigration office in the country.
Visa for Nicaragua:
Visa Exempt Depending on the country of origin and nature of the travel document: Visa exemption means that you do not need to ask for a permit to enter the country, neither at the embassy nor at the border upon arrival. It only requires a passport valid for six months and supporting documents.
All countries of the European Union, including Spain, Abjasia, Andorra, Antigua y Barbuda, Saudi Arabia, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, South Korea, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, United Arab Emirates, USA, Fiji, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iceland, Marshall Islands, Solomón Islands, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Macau, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, North Macedonia, Norway, South Ossetia, Palestine, Panama, Paraguay, Qatar, Russia, United Kingdom, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saont Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Maarten, São Tomé and Príncipe, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, Taiwan, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Tuvalu, Ukraine, Uruguay, Vanuatu, The Vatican.
Consular visa No consultation or border visa: A visa is requested upon arrival at the country's border, typically after disembarking from the flight. In this case, you apply for the visa to the border agents and they grant it on the spot. This is also a convenient way to apply for a visa, as it saves the time and effort of traveling to an embassy beforehand, it can also be requested at the Nicaraguan embassy in your country. Countries that must apply: Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Chad, Colombia, Comoros, North Korea, Ivory Coast, Dominica, Djibouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, Eswatini, Philippines, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Granada, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, India, Indonesia, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Lesotho, Malawi, Maldives, Mauritania, Mauritius, Micronesia, Moldava, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Niger, Oman, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Central African Republic, Dominican Republic, Rwanda, Samoa, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Suriname, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Uzbekiztan, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Consulted Visa This is a visa granted by the General Directorate of Migration of Nicaragua. The requirements to apply for the visa must be presented by the applicant to the Diplomatic and/or Consular Representation of Nicaragua in his country.
If the country is not listed in Category A and B above, you must apply for your visa at the Nicaraguan embassy or consulate. In this case, you will need the following requirements:
- A valid passport with at least six months validity.
- A visa application form, completed and signed.
- Two passport-size photographs.
- A valid visa back to the country of origin, if you are applying for the substitute visa.
- Three recent payment receipts that show that you have funds for your stay in the country. • An official letter of invitation from friends or family, or a hotel reservation.
- A copy of return tickets.
If you are applying for a business visa, you will need to have:
- All documents described above for the tourist visa.
- In addition, an invitation letter from the host company in Nicaragua indicating the purpose and duration of the trip.
Both visas are valid for up to 90 days.
Requirements to apply for Residence in Nicaragua:
- Present yourself at the Government Ministry facilities
- Fill out the application form
- Attach photocopies of the biodata page and used passport which must be valid for no less than 6 months or present a photocopy of ID or passport
- Photographs size 4 1/2 high by 3 1/2 wide, passport size, white background, no glasses hat or cap -Birth certificate issued by the competent authority of your country
- Certificate of criminal record of your country of origin or residence of the last 3 years, authenticated by the Consulate of Nicaragua and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, or certificate of Interpol, Nicaragua if you are under 18 years old.
- Health certificate, issued by your country of origin
*Keep in mind that the Immigration Offices can request by law any additional documentation they consider necessary.